Easy No-Bake Reindeer Chocolate Cornflake Cakes
This blog post contains affiliate links. If you click through a link and buy something, I may receive a small commission. Find my full disclosure policy here.
I’ve reinvented my classic chocolate cornflake Easter nest recipe to make easy no-bake chocolate cornflake reindeer cakes. They are very easy, and very delicious and perfect as a little Christmas treat. So read on for my recipe for easy no-bake reindeer chocolate cornflake cakes.
Ingredients for No-Bake Christmas Reindeer Chocolate Cornflake Cakes
You only need a few ingredients for gooey no-bake chocolate reindeer cornflake cakes:
- 200g of broken up chocolate — milk or plain both work well, but kids tend to prefer milk chocolate in my experience
- 50g butter cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons of golden syrup
- a few handfuls of mini marshmallows
- 100g of cornflakes
- edible candy eyes
These chocolate reindeer heads work equally well with rice krispies as cornflakes, if that is what you happen to have in the cupboard.
Method for No-Bake Christmas Reindeer Chocolate Cornflake Cakes
- Make pretzel ‘antlers’
- Break up your pretzels into antler shapes.
- Prepare a bain marie
- This is a saucepan with about 5 cm of simmering water, with a mixing bowl over the top. Make sure the water doesn’t touch the base of the bowl.
- Put out the cake cases
- Place around 12 paper cake cases in a muffin tin, or a baking tray. We ended up needing 16 in the end, it depends how large you make them.
- Melt the chocolate mixture
- Add the broken up chocolate, butter, golden syrup mini marshmallows to the mixing bowl over your bain marie.
- Stir until there are no lumps
- Melt together and stir until there are no lumps.
- Mix in the cornflakes
- Remove the bowl from the saucepan and stir the cornflakes into the chocolate mixture.
- Add more cornflakes if needed
- You may need to add a few more handfuls of cornflakes depending on how generous you were with the mini marshmallows.
- Fill the cake cases
- Use a spoon to add the chocolate cornflake mixture to the paper cases.
- Make the reindeer faces
- Add a pair of candy eyes, a pair of pretzel antlers, and a mini marshmallow nose to each chocolate cornflake cake and allow to set.
Here’s a Closer Look at Our Reindeer Faces…
And here is the one Thea made, which looks like Santa’s sleigh has been involved in a terrible accident.
The best thing about these no-bake chocolate reindeer cornflake cakes is that they all have their own personalities, thanks to the way the eyes point.
Some look surprised, some confused, and some a bit dreamy. It all adds to the fun! And these gooey chocolate cornflake reindeer faces are absolutely delicious too.
This super-easy, yet delicious recipe is a great one to make with kids when they’re bored in the Christmas holidays, or to give as a fun gift. Why not Pin this recipe for later?